About Amy Morin
Hello and welcome to this Oneness Approach Podcast featuring Amy Morin a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist counseling children, teens, adults and an adjunct psychology instructor.
The Oneness Approach is about building wisdom around your strengths and this is the focus of Amy’s effort to educate the world about mental strength.
Amy serves as About.com’s Parenting Teens Expert and Child Discipline Expert. She’s a regular contributor to Forbes and Psychology Today.
Her expertise in mental strength has attracted international attention. Her bestselling book, 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do, is being translated into more than 20 languages.
But it’s her personal story that provides our understanding of who she is and what she offers us today.
1:19 Amy's book
- An article about mental strength gone viral
- Born from a personal experience of grief
- A new chapter and further loss
6:52 Loss of loved ones
- Lessons learned from a generous mother
- Feeling into the pain to integrate
- Remembering a husband full of life
13:57 Finding balance when opposites attract
- Documenting shared achievements
- “It’s all about the story”
19:29 Moving on after loss
- Finding love again
23:43 Handling great success
- Dealing with criticism
30:49 Out of the comfort zone learning experiences
- Building strengths in new ways
33:29 Lessons learned in a second marriage
- Working as a team
- Patience and support
38:00 Don't give away our power
- We choose our attitude
40:13 Resenting other people's success
- Figure out your own definition of success
41:46 Depression and a feeling of unworthiness
- Where does your self worth come from
44:19 Amy's book
- Amy's book 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do: Take Back Your Power, Embrace Change, Face Your Fears, and Train Your Brain for Happiness and Success on Amazon and Audible and Good Reads
- Amazing eCourse Mental Strength: Mastering The 3 Core Factors
- Amy Morin on Facebook
- Amy's site