About Dr. Rajiv Juneja
Rajiv Juneja, M.D., M.S., is board-certified in both adult psychiatry and addiction medicine.
Prior to attending St. George’s University School of Medicine, Dr. Raj underwent graduate training in neurosciences at Northwestern University. Dr. Raj has also completed a fellowship at the University of Arizona, studying integrative and alternative medicine under Dr. Andrew Weil.
Dr. Raj is the current chairman of the committee on public education for the American Psychiatry Association’s New Jersey chapter.
Dr. Raj practices adult psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and integrative psychiatry, and is currently an individual and family therapist in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Dr. Raj is the author of You Are More Than That: A Guide to Embracing the Spiritual Being Within and Becoming Fully Human, published by Hay House, Inc. (2013)
Host of the popular “Head Up with Dr. Raj” radio show house (Hay House Radio), Dr. Raj has developed a following of listeners who tune in regularly to hear his insights on how to live a healthy, happy and more fulfilling life.
2:32 The struggle with addiction
- Anxiety drives us – a small amount is healthy
- Brain changes on drugs or alcohol
7:21 Opiate dependency and lifestyle changes
- Treatment for dependency decreases mortality risk over 50%
11:36 Risks of quitting unassisted
- Tolerance decreases significantly in a short period of time
- Clean-up doesn’t feel good at first
14:17 Addiction recovery work
- Abstinence is not equal to recovery
- Therapy and understanding leads to recovery
14:59 Breaking through the shame
- The ability to share
- Underreactive style of communication
20:44 How family members can help
- Parents can influence minors
- Being authentic and transparent with adults
- Exercising caution when helping, respecting family dynamics
- The readiness for change is a fluctuating product
31:38 Prevention is the key
- Learning values early on
34:10 Bipolar disorder and substance abuse
36:10 How parents can build a resilient child
- Keeping agreements
- Intentions equals results
41:27 Rajiv's resources
- A special offer to the The Oneness Approach community - the first chapter of "You are More Than That". Purchase You are More Than That on Amazon, iTunes and Barnes and Noble.
- Rajiv Junja on Facebook