About Robert Waggoner
A past President of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD), Waggoner serves at co-editor of the online magazine, The Lucid Dreaming Experience, (ISSN 2167-616X); the only ongoing publication devoted specifically to lucid dreaming. A lucid dreamer since 1975, he has logged more than 1,000 lucid dreams.
Waggoner frequently speaks on the science and practice of lucid dreaming at international dream conferences, workshops and college classrooms, including the following:
- University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- Sonoma State University
- Iowa State University
- University of Washington – Bothell
- Evergreen State College
- St. Mary’s – California
- University of Sussex (UK)
- Hebrew University (Israel)
- Tel Aviv University
- and elsewhere.
Media Appearances: Robert has been interviewed or consulted about the practice of lucid dreaming by CNN, CBS News and ABC News (KABC – Los Angeles) along with Iowa Public Radio, WPNR, WBGU, and other radio stations.
His comments have appeared in media as diverse as the following:
- The Huffington Post
- Popular Science - FYI: Is It Possible To Control Our Dreams?
- Van Winkle’s - How Accurate Are Inception and Other Dream Films?
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Brides magazine
- Utne Reader (online)
Robert Waggoner enjoys educating others about the science, beauty and potential of lucid dreaming. Contact Robert to arrange media appearances, speaking events or workshops.
2:57 Robert’s early years
- A deep interest in dreaming
- Lucid dreaming in high school
6:02 How people normally see dreams
- What lucid dreaming means
- Keeping a dream journal
9:41 Dreaming from a scientific perspective
- Why we dream
- Scientific evidence
16:47 Ways to use lucid dreaming
- Having fun
- Nightmare solutions
- Creativity and healing
21:42 Connecting with loved ones through dreams
- Deceased loved ones
27:09 Reaching deeper with emotions
- Resolving fears and anxiety
32:37 Lucid dreaming to help relationships
- Conversations with subconscious mind
36:43 Identifying a larger awareness
- Integrating with your waking self
41:53 What to do and what to avoid
- Letting go of fear
- Preconceived ideas
48:05 Lucid dreaming resources
- Members of the Oneness Approach community are invited to subscribe to the Lucid Dreaming Experience for free in the next 30 days. Learn about lucid dreaming and Robert Waggoner's workshops.
- Visit Robert's Lucid Advice site
- Like Robert on Facebook
- Follow Robert on Twitter
- Connect with Robert on LinkedIn